The applicable standard for CE Certification of Hospital ICU Bed is BS EN 60601-1:2006+At2013 and BS EN 60601-2-52:2010+A1:2015.
Major requirements of these standards are:
- ME equipment identification, marking and documentation
- Protection against electrical hazards from ME equipment
- High Voltage Test
- Environment Condition Test
- Earth Contact Resistance Test
- Protection against mechanical hazards of ME equipment and ME system
- Instability Hazards
- Normal Working Load Test
Plus more specific tests as mentioned in the standards.
After successful testing and compilation of test report, CE Certificate for Hospital ICU Bed is issued.